New Member Program
The New Member Experience is based on Tri Sigma’s mission, vision and values. Our mission statement, the tenets for our existence, is to establish among its members a perpetual bond of friendship, to develop in them strong womanly character, and impress upon them high standards of conduct. We strive to achieve this by providing exceptional experiences that empower our members to change the world. The new member program is grounded in these tenets. Here is an overview.
- The ideal new member program is 6-8 weeks; however, it will never exceed 8 weeks.
- The program is designed to educate them on history, our values, operations and developing leadership and academic success skills.
- During those weeks, new members will be guided through nine online sessions that have complimentary in person group meetings.
- New members will receive a mentor (big sister) during her new member program who will support her not only in her new member education but getting to know members and acclimated with member responsibilities.
- New members will also have responsibilities which mirror those of the initiated members. This can include study hours, participation requirements, dues, holding leadership positions and most importantly upholding the standards of the Sorority.
Questions about the new member experience? Contact the chapter Vice President of New Member Education.
New Member Program
The new member program is vital to each new member. The program introduces new members to the Sigma Sigma Sigma sisterhood, preparing them to become an active and essential member of the Theta Kappa chapter. This program consists of exciting lessons, activities, and events that lead up to the insightful Initiation.
2019 Pledge Class of the Theta Kappa Chapter
The Big/Little is often the most anticipated event throughout the semester. The new member will receive a "Big" who serves not only as her Tri Sigma sister, but a mentor to turn to for anything and everything. The reveal often consists of gifts and clues leading up to the reveal and to the new member's initiation. This event truly helps define what it means to be apart of the Sigma Sigma Sigma sisterhood.
2019 Big/Little Reveal
Want more info about new member education? Contact Mandy Kauss: email@example.com